The female body typically carries an extra layer of fat tissue – it is what gives us our curves and softness, but an excess in specific areas can be a problem.
The thighs can stubbornly retain fat, creating an impediment to elegance. Fortunately there are several simple ways to conceal over enthusiastic thighs thereby drawing attention away from them.
Trouser / Pant suggestions for troublesome thighs
- When choosing trousers, if there is a definite convex outline when you look at your side view – then those pants are not for you!
- Similarly, try to avoid trouser styles which are tight enough to produce horizontal creasing around the crotch – these become exaggerated as you walk and draw attention to the problem.
- Try instead elegant and flattering Palazzo pants or the similar Katharine Hepburn wide legged and tailored long pants almost touching the floor (over shoes with heels to keep yourself in proportion).
- One last piece of trouser advice – avoid sharply tapered trousers, these create a peg shape, highlighting the contrast between bulky thighs and narrow calves.
Skirts for thicker thighs
- Avoid skirts cut on the bias – they cling in all the wrong places for you.
- High waisted skirts and dresses which flare and skim over the thighs are the kindest shape as well as the current trend for full length floaty dresses which are ideal for concealing this particular problem area.
We’ve also created a Pinterest board with some examples of outfits to help you find your style with heavy thighs.